Highly competitive salary package including car and significant commission - Flexible location - can be home-based
Plastique has been successful in the design & manufacture of rigid thermoformed packaging for over 38 years, operating from facilities in the UK and Poland and providing bespoke packaging solutions to a variety of industries & blue-chip customers across Europe.
The business is part of ESCO’s Thermoform Engineered Quality LLC (TEQ) operating subsidiary headquartered in Huntley, Illinois-USA. TEQ is a market leader in the development and manufacture of highly technical thermoformed plastic packaging with a significant position in the Medical and Pharmaceutical markets utilising cleanroom technology. Substantial investment has enabled Plastique to develop a state-of-the-art cleanroom at its Nottingham manufacturing facility.
We are looking to take advantage of this investment by recruiting a Senior Business Development Manager to generate new business opportunities in the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors across Europe & the DACH region in particular. The successful candidate will report directly to the Sales Director. The ideal candidate will excel in design-led sales process and new account generation and retention. The key requirement of the job consists of contacting new potential customers & liaising with customers and design teams. You will conduct a detailed fact-finding analysis, understand customers’ packaging needs (technical, practical, financial & aesthetic) and transcribe it into a brief/design that brings a solution sale.
• Work with a team to agree target clients, budgets and plans
• Develop client specific strategies to win new business
• Extensive travel and meetings with clients and internal stakeholders
• Preparation of presentation material and pitch to clients
• Manage and co-ordinate the response to tenders throughout the sales process and requests for information- Follow up project advancement and report as appropriate to the team/customer
• Build strong relationships with both target clients and also regional sales and operational teams
• Oversee the post business award period with internal teams
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting & activity reports to the Leadership team
• Keep up to date with regional supply and demand issues, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the Leadership team and other company functions
• Proven success, knowledge and at least 6+ years of successful experience in a Business Development role in the pharmaceutical and medical device market, ideally in bespoke plastics packaging
• Strong knowledge of German/DACH medical /pharma market
• A passion for Business Development. This is not an account management role
• Degree level education
• Strong entrepreneurial approach with a proven track record of gaining and maintaining new customers
• A strong ability to work independently and remotely with extensive European travel
• Fluent in German-English- any additional language will be a n advantage
• A history of building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders